Unable to initialize Python in ver 6.4 and 6.5(dev)

Hello, I am currently working with human mandible with ShapeWorks but I have some problem on version 6.4 and 6.5 (dev).

I didn’t know that there was a new release so I’ve tried to install the new version and the dev version on my computer based on the installation guideline. However, I constantly meet two error messages below (it is written in Korean - “cannot find designated module”)

I saw in release note of 6.3 that python error problem is solved already, but I don’t know why I am confronting this problem. I’ve already tried to uninstall all the problem and redo the process but still I am seeing those error. Is there any way I could solve this problem?

Thank you.

The photo is so small so I copy and paste the error message.

Error: Unable to initialize Python: ImportError: DLL load failed while importing vtkViewsInfovis: 지정된 모듈을 찾을 수 없습니다. At: C:\Users\Admin.conda\envs\shapeworks64\lib\site-packages\vtkmodules\all.py(21): (228): _call_with_frames_removed (850): exec_module (695): _load_unlocked (986): _find_and_load_unlocked (1007): _find_and_load (1030): gcd_import C:\Users\Admin.conda\envs\shapeworks64\lib\importlib_init.py(127): import_module C:\Users\Admin.conda\envs\shapeworks64\lib\site-packages\vtk.py(31): (228): _call_with_frames_removed (850): exec_module (695): _load_unlocked (986): _find_and_load_unlocked (1007): find_and_load C:\Users\Admin.conda\envs\shapeworks64\lib\site-packages\shapeworks_init.py(1): (228): _call_with_frames_removed (850): exec_module (695): _load_unlocked (986): _find_and_load_unlocked (1007): _find_and_load (228): _call_with_frames_removed (972): _find_and_load_unlocked (1007): _find_and_load

Error: Unable to initialize Python. Please run install_shapeworks.bat

Hi,

Can you check if you are able to import the shapeworks python module from within python via the anaconda prompt?

1. Open the anaconda command prompt
  2. run “conda activate shapeworks” (check that this works)
  3. run “python”
  4. In python, “import shapeworks” (check that this works)

Hi, thank you for your reply.

If I import shapeworks in anaconda command prompt, the error message like below appears.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Admin\.conda\envs\shapeworks\lib\site-packages\shapeworks\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    import vtk
  File "C:\Users\Admin\.conda\envs\shapeworks\lib\site-packages\vtk.py", line 31, in <module>
    all_m = importlib.import_module('vtkmodules.all')
  File "C:\Users\Admin\.conda\envs\shapeworks\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\.conda\envs\shapeworks\lib\site-packages\vtkmodules\all.py", line 21, in <module>
    from .vtkViewsInfovis import *
ImportError: DLL load failed while importing vtkViewsInfovis: 지정된 모듈을 찾을 수 없습니다.

The last sentence is written in Korean and it could be translated as “could not find the designated module”

This seems to be a problem with some changes that happened with Conda. Could you please try either the 6.4.2 release or the latest dev release?