Optimization Parameters Different From Loaded File

Hello!

I am noticing that when I load a previous project file into the studio (either previously generated in the Studio or through Python script), the parameters populated in the “Optimization” window do not necessarily match the parameters listed in the excel file. (E.g. My excel file will list the normals weight as 10, but the project in Studio will indicate a weight of 5.) Should I expect them to be the same?

It’s not necessarily an issue if they differ and the Studio does not correctly populate, but it makes me nervous whether the project was executed using the parameters listed in the excel file, or those populated in the Studio.

Thanks very much,
Erin

Yes, you should expect them to be the same. Can you send us an Excel file with a parameter that loads differently in studio than the value in the Excel file?

I’m just testing the normals_strength parameter, both saving/loading from Studio and Excel and it seems to match each time.

Ah, that may be the issue. When setting values for the parameter dictionary in my python scripts, I had been using normal_weight as I had been referring to the screenshots on this page: Optimization Parameters - ShapeWorks

Reading more closely, it looks like normal_weight and normals_strength are two different parameters? Can I set normals_strength in the parameter dictionary? I didn’t see this in any of the use cases but I could easily have missed it.

It also looks like I cannot attach an excel file here. What email should I send it to (if you still require it)?

Yes, it seems there is an error in the documentation, and in any use case that might be using it. The parameter should be “normals_strength”. I apologize.

We will update the documentation and fix any usages.

No worries. Thanks for your help!

Erin